Friday, February 20, 2009

Mac n Cheese recipe

Mmmmmm! I've been intimidated by homemade mac n cheese for awhile...not sure why, as I discovered last night: It's easy! And the results are definitely worth it. God has blessed me with a husband who is easy-to-please when it comes to cooking - he'll eat anything I make without a complaint, and he's not picky. He also doesn't tend to get very excited about food, but he commented last night on how good this recipe was, so I know it was pretty yummy :-D He requested it for his lunch today, also, so I think it's a winner.

Here's the recipe: Home Style Macaroni and Cheese
with these modifications:
The whole box of macaroni (12 oz.)

1 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup cream

2 cups sharp white Cheddar, with 3/4 cup mixed cheese (the shredded, 6-cheese blend from Sargento, but you could use whatever sounds good/whatever is on-hand) sprinkled on top

1/2 package (8-10 crackers) Ritz crushed and sprinkled on top instead of the breadcrumbs


While this is definitely not "low-fat", I believe that, in moderation, good fat is important in our diets, so if you use quality ingredients (organic, if you like), this is a great dish that you can use as a main OR side dish.

No comments: