Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tomorrow....

...I go to the dr. and she's going to sweep my membranes. (Info here and here)

According to the research, stripping the membranes is a relatively safe and usually effective means of inducing labor, **if** the mama's body is ready for it. I will mention that my midwife did this with me when I was trying to induce Graeme's labor, and it wasn't the "magic" that one would hope for. This pregnancy is quite different, of course, the baby is in a good position, I'm already at least 3cm dilated (prob. 4 by now!) so I feel fairly positive about it. Pray for me, as I'm actually a wimp when it comes to inflicted pain. I was surprised at how much of a trooper I ended up being during Graeme's acutely long labor. The pains of labor are at least productive and have a little being wrapped up in them...inflicted pain is entirely different, in my opinion! So I don't like the membrane-stripping :-( But if it works, it's totally worth it.

I spent the afternoon and evening preparing a double-batch of lasagna and two chicken pot pies for the freezer...I figured I might as well do some meal preparation, as most everything else is as ready as it's going to be.

Thanks to everyone who's reading who is praying and thinking about us. We appreciate it so much! :-)

4 comments:

IF said...

Will be praying... that hurts but it is quick!! Hugs! I hope that it gets things started really quick! I hope you have a baby in your arms by tomorrow!!!

Katy said...

Good luck! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today! I hope all goes well! Can't wait to see pics of the new baby! :)

Laura said...

Still praying here! And checking in for updates. :)

seamwrite said...

Praying and believing that you will have the birth that you have so lovingly planned. Can't wait to meet the little guy, and hear all about the experience. You're the best! Love, Mom